A beautiful example of Zannoni's 1762 map of the West Indies, Florida and Central America. Covers from the Gulf of Mexico to the Lesser Antilles including all of the West Indies, Florida and Central America, with parts of Louisiana, Mexico and northern South America. In essence a nautical chart, this map has little inland detail and is crisscrossed with both rumb lines and lines of latitude and longitude. Southern Florida is rendered as an archipelago in a primitive attempt to describe the everglades.
Dimensions: 31,5 x 44,5 cm. (on sheet: 37 x 52 cm)
Condition: good. Minor foxing.
Mapmaker: Rizzi Zannoni
Publisher: Lattré. Paris.
Note: from "Atlas Moderne ou collection de Cartes sur toutes les parties du Globe Terrestre...."
- Nautical chart
- Country (current geographical location)
- Gulf of Mexico
- Geographical specification
- Florida, Louisiana, Bahamas, Cuba, Jamaica, Antilles, Honduras, Nicaragua, Costa Rica
- Map maker/ publisher
- Map/ Book title
- Carte geo-hydrographique du Golfe du Mexique
- 1780 (circa)
- Copper engraving
- Additional Information
- Original old colored in outline copper engravings
- Size of the largest image
- 31.5×44.5 cm