Vintage bow shaped chest pin made from .835 silver and plated with 19.2 kt gold. From the 1930s/1940s, typically detailed in a very rich and varied way, in the elements that make up its filigree decoration.
- Measurements: 7 x 4.2 cm
- Weight: 14.4 g
- Obligatory silver hallmarks from 1937.
- Very good condition, almost without sign of wear.
Note: Portuguese Filigree is a handcrafted goldsmithing technique that uses fine gold or silver threads, twisted 2 to 2 and flattened, which are applied in a previously defined and elaborated frame.
After the frame is designed, we have the shape of the piece and the delimited areas to be filled by the twisted wires, and these are applied manually and thoroughly, filling the structure of the piece with the defined decoration.
- Antique Chestpin, Filigree Gold Plated Bow Shape 19.2k (30/40)
- Material Fineness
- Dimensão média / grande .833
- Alfinete de Filigrana Portuguesa em Prata dourada
- 7 x 4.2 cm
- Total Weight
- 14.4 g
- Excellent condition - barely used with minimal signs of wear