H.F. Tillema - „Kromoblanda”. Over 't vraagstuk van „het Wonen” in Kromo's groote land. Deel 1 + 2 - Groningen, 1915-16.
- 1st part: With countless tipped-in photo reproductions and (partly folding) maps. Loose offer letter, 187 pp.
- 2nd part: With countless tipped-in photo reproductions and (partly folding) maps. 256 pp.
Together 2 volumes, sewn, 32.5 × 25 cm.
* Not sold in bookshops, privately published by Tillema in Groningen. H.F. Tillema (1870-1952) was a pharmacist in Semarang who became really rich when he started a factory for mineral water ('Hygea'). Until then, clean drinking water had always been a major problem in the Dutch East Indies - resulting in many outbreaks of cholera - but he was now able to provide it. He spent most of his fortune on charities, in which improving hygiene and promoting better housing and living conditions for the local Javanese population was one of the most important. This is what „Kromoblanda” is about. In later years, four more parts appeared, but each part is stand-alone.
Condition: old water stains on the edges of the covers. The top right corners of the last pages of part 2 are discoloured (see photos); light signs of use. Still in fairly good to good condition.
- Number of Books
- Colonial history
- Author/ Illustrator
- (Indonesië) H.F. Tillema
- Book Title
- " Kromoblanda". Over 't wonen in Kromo's groote land. Deel 1 + II
- Publication year oldest item
- Publication year youngest item
- 1st Edition
- Original language
- Binding/ Material