Early map of Southeast Asia based on Gastaldi’s foundation map (1548) of the region. Covers from the Gulf of Bengal to the southern coast of China and as far south as Java and Timor. The strangely shaped islands and early place names provide a fascinating early view of the region
Dimensions: 18 x 24,5 cm. (on sheet: 23 x 33,5 cm.).
Condition: very good. (Professional restorations along the central fold).
Verso: italian text.
Mapmaker: G. Rosaccio / G. Ruscelli
Publisher: M. Sessa. Venezia.
Note: from "La Geografia di Claudio Tolomeo Alessandrino...."
- Country (current geographical location)
- South East Asia
- Geographical specification
- Indonesia, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia, China
- Map maker/ publisher
- Rosaccio / Ruscelli
- Map/ Book title
- India Tercera Nuova Tavola
- Copper engraving
- Additional Information
- From "La Geografia di Claudio Tolomeo Alessandrino..."
- Size of the largest image
- 18×24.5 cm