This map is an original 1754 engraving on copper (18th century).
It comes from the Bellin & Prevost edition, published circa 1754 in its rare and richly illustrated work: “Histoire Générale des Voyages... PARIS, 1754".
Beautiful map, published in Paris, with excellent inking and water colouring and everything else. Considering the year of publication, it is a geographically well detailed map at every point.
The map is in very good condition, as per photos. It shows small signs of ageing, which do not affect the engraved area at all, as shown in photos.
Overall map dimensions: 50 x 25 cm
- Country (current geographical location)
- Geographical specification
- Asia, East Indies, Jakarta, Surabaya, Malaysia
- Map maker/ publisher
- J.N. Bellin & A.F. Prevost
- Map/ Book title
- Nouvelle Carte de l'Isle de Java
- Copper engraving
- Additional Information
- Original Folio copper plate
- Size of the largest image
- 25×50 cm