- Cabin plan of the liner 'Indrapoera' designed by J.A.W. von Stein, c. 1932. Single sheet, double sided. Dimensions 65 x 87 cm. (folded 22 x 11 cm.). Text in French (Dutch and German editions also exist).
The luxury liner 'Indrapoera' was launched by the steamship company Rotterdamsche Lloyd in 1926 and from that year until the outbreak of the Second World War the ship was mainly deployed on the trajectory Rotterdam - Batavia (Dutch East Indies) v.v.
J.A.W. von Stein (1896-1965) was a dutch painter and commercial artist whose production included many book covers, advertisements and posters. During the 1930's he also acted as head of the dutch printing firm Rotogravure specializing in high quality printing. For the shipping line Rotterdam Line he created many brochures, menu's, advertisements and posters that are always are easily recognizable through their refined elegance in typical Art-deco style.
Condition: a few discrete and practically invisible reinforcements with professional archival tape on the folds, discrete repair of a small tear (6 cm.) in one of the corners (see photos); in good consition.
- Single sheet
- Number of Books
- Colonial history, Transport, Travels
- Author/ Illustrator
- (Indonesia; Rotterdamsche Lloyd) J.A.W. von Stein
- Book Title
- Cabin plan of the liner 'Indrapoera'
- Publication year oldest item
- 1st Edition
- Original language