Reichard’s famous travel guide for Europe, a true precursor of the Baedeker travel guides.
The book gives a lovely overview of the political and geographic layout of Europe at the end of the 18th century.
Contains extensive overviews and descriptions of:
- General travel tips.
- All European countries.
- Coinage and exchange rates of countries and cities (with fold-out table).
- Afternoon times of Italian cities (with fold-out table).
- Postal services.
- Notes concerning 102 European cities.
- 181 travel routes through a large part of Europe, the distance in miles.
Please see the photos.
The map mentioned in the title is missing. No evidence that it ever was in the book.
It is in reasonable to good condition.
Printed on soft, wood-containing paper which tends to curl at the corners. The paper cover is still attached via binding cords to the book block.
The bottom part of the cover is missing.
A rare, early travel guide in good condition.
Will be adequately packaged and shipped with Track & Trace.
- Number of Books
- Topography, Travels
- Author/ Illustrator
- Heinrich August Ottokar Reichard
- Book Title
- Handbuch für Reisende aus allen Standen
- Publication year oldest item
- Original language
- Leipzig, in der Weygandschen Buchhandlung
- Binding/ Material
- Number of pages
- 22×13 cm