Original woodblock print triptych -page illustration - Watanabe Seitei 渡辺省亭 (Watanabe Shōtei) (18 January 1851 - 2 April 1918) - The iris garden - From "Bijutsu Sekai" (The World of Art), vol. 8 - 1891
Very good condition, see the description.
In very fair condition, a few traces of ageing, small stains and small creases. Nothing else. Very decent condition. The diptych is very well preserved. Small binding crease. Small bookbinding hole.
Protective page, see photos. Beautiful coloured woodblock prints
Shipping by registered post with acknowledgement of receipt. Tracked. Shipping insurance included.
Watanabe Seitei, also transcribed Watanabe Shōtei 渡辺省亭 (18 January 1851 - 2 April 1918) was a Nihonga painter and one of the first Japanese artists to go to Europe where he visited the Universal Exhibition in Paris (1878) and received a distinction. Shōtei blended Western realism with the delicate colours of the Maruyama-Shijō school, introducing a new approach into kachō-ga (bird and flower images).
- Original woodblock print Triptych-page illustration
- Region/ Country of origin
- Artist/ Maker
- Watanabe Shotei 渡辺省亭 (1851-1918)
- Theme/ depiction
- World of Art - Bijutsu Sekai Vol. 8
- Decor/ ware
- Triptych pages Illustrations. 23 X 15 cm X 3 pages.
- Title of artwork
- The iris garden - From "Bijutsu Sekai" (The World of Art), vol. 8
- Very good condition, see description
- 23×15×0 cm