This map is an original 1754 engraving on copper (18th Century).
It comes from the Bellin & Prevost edition, published circa 1754 in its rare and richly illustrated work: “Histoire Générale des Voyages... Paris, 1754".
Beautiful map, published in Paris, with excellent inking and water colouring and everything else. Considering the year of publication, it is a geographically well detailed map at every point.
The map is in quite good condition, as per photos. It shows small signs of ageing (such as small creases or holes), which do not affect the engraved area at all, as shown in photos.
Overall map dimensions: 49 x 36 cm
- Country (current geographical location)
- Western Atlantic Ocean
- Geographical specification
- North America, Africa, Southern Europe, Caribbean
- Map maker/ publisher
- J.N. Bellin & A.F. Prevost
- Map/ Book title
- Carte de l'Ocean Occidental
- Copper engraving
- Additional Information
- Original Folio copper plate (Oceanic Map)
- Size of the largest image
- 36×49 cm