Beautiful barn find for sale; completely original Gazelle men's bike from 1949, built in the Gazelle factory in Dieren.
This Gazelle is a striking example of Dutch post-war intransigence and a monument to our contemporary cycling culture.
The bike rides, brakes and steers perfectly. The wheels are straight and the bearings roll silently. The bike has not been restored and is completely in original condition.
The bike has the following characteristics:
- Frame is in good condition and hard (no rust). Gazelle frames from that time were treated with red lead which is now unfortunately forbidden.
- Frame height: 61 cm.
- Wheel and tyre size: 28-inch x 1 1/2.
- Frame number: 786045
-Year of construction Gazelle: 1949
- Copper Gazelle fork head plate (Andre Vlaanderen).
- Both wheels have no play, they are straight and run silently.
- Gazelle sprocket with the well-known gazelles.
- Original Gazelle saddle.
- Front wheel: Gazelle hub
- Rear wheel: Torpedo brake hub with nipple.
- Working lighting.
The following components were fitted as options when the bike was purchased:
- Original headlight by Philips.
- A1 rear light by Koets.
- Luggage rack.
- Regina dynamo.
- Front mudguard by Lowy.
This bicycle can be picked up in Amsterdam. When shipping outside the Netherlands, shipping costs will include 25 euros packaging costs.
- Bicycle category
- Road bicycle
- Klassieke Herenfiets
- Year of Manufacturing
- Located in
- Size Measure
- Frame size