This map is an original 1754 engraving on copper (18th Century).
From the Bellin & Prevost edition, published circa 1754 in his work: “Histoire Générale des Voyages... Paris 1754."
Beautiful map, published in Paris, with excellent inking and water colouring and everything else. Considering the year of publication, it is a geographically well detailed map at every point.
The map is in quite good condition, as per photos. It shows small signs of ageing, which do not affect the engraved area at all, as shown in photos.
Overall map dimensions: 56 x 35 cm
- Country (current geographical location)
- Geographical specification
- Asia, Siberia, Glacial Sea
- Map maker/ publisher
- J.N. Bellin & A.F. Prevost
- Map/ Book title
- Carte du Kamtchatka
- Copper engraving
- Additional Information
- Original Big Folio copper plate
- Size of the largest image
- 56×35 cm