Historic map of the city of Port Royal and the Hilton head area in South Carolina. This is one of the earliest English maps of a port in the southeast of the USA.
Hand-coloured copper engraving by H. Moll in London, ca. 1711.
Very good condition. Paper is slightly dirty. Verso: blank.
Please also see the photos.
- Country (current geographical location)
- Geographical specification
- South Carolina, Port Royal
- Map maker/ publisher
- H. Moll
- Map/ Book title
- A Plan of Port Royal harbour in Carolina with the Proposed Forts, Depths of water &c
- Copper engraving
- Additional Information
- Hand colored copper engraving from the city of Port Royal in South Carolina
- Size of the largest image
- 20×27 cm