Map of the East coast of Africa, with Zanzibar, including the Horn of Africa and the Red Sea.
Copper engraving by Nicolas Sanson d’Abbeville from ca. 1680.
Good condition. Nice, early print with light plate tone. The map has been professionally restored, with the paper and margins being reinforced - almost invisible - with Japanese paper. Verso: blank.
Please also see the photos.
- Country (current geographical location)
- Geographical specification
- Map maker/ publisher
- N. Sanson d'Abbeville
- Map/ Book title
- Le Zanguebar / Partie du Zanguebar
- Copper engraving
- Additional Information
- 17th century copper engraving from the East Coast of Africa.
- Size of the largest image
- 18.7×29.7 cm