Map of the western part of the area occupied by the Roman Empire.
Made by Sanson and engraved by M. Tavernier. It was published by the famous P. Mariette.
It shows the European part dominated by the Empire, from Greece to Hibernia.
Fantasy cartouche with sirens, unicorn and figureheads. In the sea, monsters and boats.
Well printed on laid paper with large water stains, limited margins and hand colouring. In reasonable condition with minor, easy-to-fix tears in the centre. In a 43 x 54 cm sheet.
- Country (current geographical location)
- Geographical specification
- Mapa del Imperio Romano
- Map maker/ publisher
- N. Sanson
- Map/ Book title
- Romani Imperii qua Occidens
- Copper engraving
- Additional Information
- Map of the western part of the area that occupied the Roman Empire.
- Size of the largest image
- 40×52 cm