This map is an original 1796 engraving on copper.
This is the B. LAW edition, on the famous maps of the Geographia Antiqua of CELLARIUS, published in 1796 in his work: "Geographia Antiqua Being a Complete set of maps of Ancient Geography, ENGRAVED From Cellarius... London, 1796"
Beautiful map published in London, with excellent colouring, wide margins and geographically very well detailed at every point.
In quite good condition, as per photos. It shows small signs of ageing which do not affect the engraved area at all.
Map overall dimensions: 37 x 25 cm
- Country (current geographical location)
- Middle East
- Geographical specification
- Israel, Asia Minor, Lebanon, Jordan, Palestine, Tel-Aviv, Holy Land, Jerusalem
- Map maker/ publisher
- C. Cellarius & B. Law
- Map/ Book title
- Palaestina seu Terra Sancta
- Copper engraving
- Additional Information
- Original colored copper plate
- Size of the largest image
- 37×25 cm