This map is an original 1749 copper engraving.
This is the D'ANVILLE edition, on the famous maps of Geographia Antiqua , by Rollin, published in 1749 in his work: "Histoire ancienne et Romaine par Rollin... Paris, 1749"
Gorgeous map published in Paris, with excellent colouring, wide margins and geographically very well detailed at every point.
In quite good condition, as per photos. It shows small signs of ageing which do not affect the engraved area at all.
Map overall dimensions: 52 x 29 cm
- Country (current geographical location)
- Geographical specification
- Tunisia, Marocco, Mediterranean Sea, Algeria, Mauritania, Spain, Gibraltar
- Map maker/ publisher
- Jean-Beptiste B. D'Anville
- Map/ Book title
- La Numidie
- Copper engraving
- Additional Information
- Original colored copper plate
- Size of the largest image
- 29×52 cm