This map is an original 1749 copper engraving.
This is the D'ANVILLE edition, on the famous maps of Geographia Antiqua , by Rollin, published in 1749 in his work: "Histoire ancienne et Romaine par Rollin... Paris, 1749"
Gorgeous map published in Paris, with excellent colouring, wide margins and geographically very well detailed at every point.
Condition: they are in fairly good condition, as per photos. There are some slight signs of ageing, such as tiny folds or small stains and holes, which do not affect at all the engraved area.
Map overall dimensions: 42 x 29 cm
- Country (current geographical location)
- Middle East
- Geographical specification
- Asia Minor, Turkey, Georgia, Armenia, Cyprus, Syria, Lebanon, Palestine
- Map maker/ publisher
- Jean-Baptiste B. D'Anville
- Map/ Book title
- Carte Pour l'Expedition de Cyrus le Jeune et la Retraite des Dix-Mil Grecs
- Copper engraving
- Additional Information
- Original colored copper plate
- Size of the largest image
- 29×42 cm