Lot consisting of 2 in folio geographical maps, they are original 1787 copper engravings. (18th century).
This is the Bonne & Desmarest edition, published in 1787, in his Atlas, entitled: "Atlas Encyclopédique, contenant la géographie ancienne, et quelques cartes sur la géographie moderne, et les cartes relatives à la géographie physique..., Paris, 1787..."
Gorgeous maps published in Paris, with excellent colouring, wide margins and geographically very well detailed at every point.
Condition: the map is in very good condition, as per photos. It shows small signs of ageing, which do not affect the engraved area at all
Overall dimensions of each map: Cm 41 X 30 (Each Map)
- Country (current geographical location)
- Middle America and Caribbean
- Geographical specification
- United States, Mexico, Florida [Lot of ]
- Map maker/ publisher
- Bonne & Desmarest
- Map/ Book title
- Anciet et le Nouveau Mexique avec la Floride et la Basse Louisiane (Partie Occidentale & Orientale)
- Copper engraving
- Additional Information
- Original colored copper plates
- Size of the largest image
- 41×30 cm