This map is an original circa 1850/70 engraving on copper.
This is the updated edition of the stunning work by A. Brue, published by E. Levasseur, on updated drawings by Ch. Delagrave and others.
The present map comes from the beautiful and richly illustrated work: "ATLAS UNIVERSEL, DE GEOGRAPHIE PHYSIQUE, POLITIQUE, ANCIENNE et MODERNE, CONTENANT LES CARTES GENERALES ET PARTICULIERES...... Paris, ca.1850/70"
Large in Folio Map, published in Paris, with excellent original colouring, wide margins and geographically very well detailed at every point.
In really good condition, as per photos. It shows small traces of ageing such as small stains or harmless little holes, which do not affect the engraved area at all.
Map overall dimensions: 62 x 48 cm
- Country (current geographical location)
- Geographical specification
- China, Korea, Giappone, Taiwan, Formosa, Beijing, Tokyo
- Map maker/ publisher
- A. Brue / E. Levasseur / Ch. Delagrave
- Map/ Book title
- Carte Generale de l'Empire Chinois et du Japan
- Copper engraving
- Additional Information
- Original colored copper plates
- Size of the largest image
- 48×62 cm