1 bottle of Calém Colheita/Single Harvest 1950
(possibly bottled in the 1970s)
Very good fill level.
Bottle stored in an underground cellar for decades.
The House of Cálem was founded in 1859 by Antonio Alves Cálem and he bought Quinta do Foz in 1885. Cálem was by this time dedicated only to wine exports to Brazil in exchange of exotic woods. Porto Cálem's main market has always been Portugal, but exports have maintained a high significance along its history. The brand logotype shows the caravel in which Cálem Port was exported to Brazil. The first Vintage Port ever produced by Porto Cálem was the Vintage Port 1870.
The family owned the firm until 1998 when they have decided to sell it. The buyers were Rozès’s former export director Rogério Leandro da Silva and his partner Manuel Saraiva, owner of Quita do Castelinho. In 2003 Sogevinus took over and became the owner of Cálem. Quinta do Arnozelo is the main estate, and the winemaking centre is in São Martinho da Anta.
- Producer, Name of wine
- Colheita Port
- Number of bottles
- Bottle size
- Bottle (0.75L)
- Fill Level
- Bordeaux bottle type, neck fill level