A very nice chess set in tin published by Franklin Mint in collaboration with the Waterloo Museum. The game of chess depicts the Battle of Waterloo, with historical figures such as Napoleon, Wellington and the Prince of Orange. The pieces are made by the artist Philip J. Haythornthwaite.
- In very good condition
- the game board is covered with finest leather
- the original price in the 1984 was DM 2400 (German mark). That was more than a monthly salary
- many different high quality materials
- shipped by insured post with tracking -
- You can also pick it up in Herten (Germany) -
- We combine your purchase per auction. Only 1 x shipping costs.
- Please pay only after the auction if you have bought everything you wanted. Only then can the catawiki system send you a correct invoice with 1 x shipping costs.
- Collector chess game - The Battle from Waterloo from 1984
- high quality tin figures and finest wood and leather
- Manufacturer/ Brand
- Franklin Mint
- Estimated Period
- Country of Origin
- Excellent condition - barely used with minimal signs of aging & wear