1. Typical work of the Antwerp artist Leo(nard) Jordaens.
With a minimum of tools - a palette knife, oil paint and panel - he managed to create beautiful compositions, which were based on existing scenes, but in the end still only vaguely recognisable. Apart from the typical technique and the recurring scenes, there are still a number of other characteristics peculiar to Leo Jordaens. He invariably painted on a base of thin compressed wood. He always used very thin wooden frames that were usually made of bare wood or wood that has been painted white.
2. Work of the Boom painter and filmmaker Bert Van Bulck.
In a beautiful baroque frame. Oil on canvas. 33 × 27 cm.
- Jordaens (1944-2000) + Van Bulck (1915-1988)
- Title of artwork
- 20e eeuw
- Oil on canvas, Oil on panel
- Hand signed
- Overall in good condition
- Sold with frame
- Image sizes
- 47×42 cm