Can be picked up in: Netherlands - with Dutch registration - 90604 km - 2 - Very good condition, minimal signs of wear and tear
|Brand:||Mg (More lots)|
|Model Type:||B Spoon Door|
|Body style:||Cabriolet / convertible (More lots)|
|Registration papers:||with Dutch registration|
|Condition:||2 - Very good condition: minimal signs of wear|
This MGB was number 1428 to leave the MGB factory. Thus a very early MGB Spoon Door, shipped to the importer called Molenaar on 17 December 1962. A unique Dutch/European specimen.
A beautiful and totally restored MGB MK 1 Spoon Door from April 1963, originally delivered in the Netherlands Really in a perfect condition without scratches, dents or signs of corrosion. (Restored from 2010 to 2015 by a retired mechanic.)
This MGB is really sleek, the inside as well as outside, and the underside is also 100% reliable. This MGB requires no further work, guaranteed.
Completely ready and finished down to the last detail. It was given an extensive maintenance service in preparation for this sale. Paintwork including welds in perfect condition without rust, dents or scratches. In a beautiful Ferrari Red colour.
This MGB also features:
- Very nice cared for engine compartment with a lead-free head (see picture).
- The original 3-speed synchronised mechanical gearbox.
- Revised cardan.
- Brake discs, brake pads and brake lines are all new. So the car brakes like
new, with brake booster.
- Major maintenance service performed incl. tuning of carburettors.
- Dutch periodic vehicle inspection valid until July 2020.
- Oil cooler.
- Good exhaust
- Battery on and off switch (to prevent the battery from running empty and to prevent the MGB from being stolen).
- Perfectly running engine.
- Double SU carburettors.
- Perfect, clean and sleek, restored bottom. Completely cleaned and treated with Bitak. You won’t have to do anything for this protection in the first 20 years.
Inside (completely renewed):
- An original steel dashboard from the first MGB MK1 versions.
- Original seats completely restored with new foam and new leather upholstery with white piping.
- The original steering is in mint condition.
- All of the chrome, among others on the gearstick, is new.
- New door cladding, door caps and top cladding of the steel dashboard.
- New original MGB thick heavy upholstery/carpet throughout the entire inside.
- All of the chrome is new, including the interior mirror and the exterior mirrors.
- New short tonneau (cover behind the seats, see picture).
- Completely new convertible top mounted.
- New MGB chrome wire wheels with very good whitewall tyres. Also a good wire wheel plus a tyre as a spare in the trunk.
- Undamaged front grille.
- All of the chrome (including the bumpers) and all of the rubbers are in mint condition.
- Luxury number plates with new chrome edges.
- New fresh air grille with a special mesh.
- 2 new chrome mirrors and 2 UK badges on the front mudguards
- A stainless steel rear rack is mounted.
- Very sleek restored underside which was completely stripped and then treated with Bitumen Undercoating. You can forget all about this for the next 20 years.
A number of pictures from before and during the restoration and a folder with invoices are available.
Valued at €26,500.00 by Maikel de Munnik Taxaties on 16 October 2019.
History from 2008 up until now will be included.
The unique thing about this classic MGB MK 1 Spoon Door is that it was originally delivered in the Netherlands and that it has always stayed there. Thus a European version.
We can arrange export documents.
The car is located in Wijk bij Duurstede, the Netherlands.
This is a used vehicle. It is highly advisable to view the vehicle before bidding, to avoid disappointment afterwards. To arrange a viewing appointment or for more info, please contact Catawiki. Offers are excluding transport and export, unless otherwise indicated. Prior to bidding, please check your local legislation regarding vehicle registration. Neither the seller nor Catawiki is responsible for the registration of this vehicle in your country.
The seller prefers the lot to be picked up
The seller prefers the lot to be picked up from Wijk bij duurstede (The Netherlands). Shipping is possible by arrangement only. Costs of shipping are at the buyer's expense.
You can estimate shipping costs for this item.