Dimensions approx. 46 x 73 cm.
Condition: good. Adequate margins. Some professional repairs on former folds, not perceptible from the back. Left and right margins are somewhat at an angle. Some tears and some folds in the outer margins (outside the map’s image). Centre left watermark. Verso: blank. Old border colouring.
Very large format, old border coloured copper engraving of the Holy Land in the first edition. Two maps on one page: left the old situation with the 12 tribes and right the modern map of the Holy Land under Turkish rule, divided into provinces.
Copper engraving by Nicolas de Fer, based on the map of de la Rue. With addition to the left and right of the imprint of Guillaume Danet, publisher, son-in-law and successor of Nicolas de la Fer.
Sent by registered mail in a tube.
- Country (current geographical location)
- Geographical specification
- Holy Land
- Map maker/ publisher
- Philippe de la Rue / Nicolas de Fer / Guillaume Danet
- Map/ Book title
- Descriptio Acurata Terrae Promissae Per Sortes XII = Terre Sainte Moderne Que les Turcs (..)
- Copper engraving
- Additional Information
- Very large format old-time border-colored copper engraving of the Holy Land. Rare.
- Size of the largest image
- 46×73 cm