Ludus: New Wave, Art Rock, Punk, Avantgarde, Post-Punk, No Wave, Contemporary Jazz
1. Ludus - The Visit EP: Lullaby Cheat / Unveil / Sightseeing / I Can't Swim I Have Nightmares (New Hormones ORG 4) made in UK 1980 4-Track 12" EP | vinyl: NM (mint-) | cover: NM (mint-) comes with printed info sheet (playing-time of each song written on info sheet with soft pencil) total time: over 18 min.
2. Ludus – The Seduction (2x 12" = album) (New Hormones - Org 16) made in UK 1981 original 2x maxi = 9 tracks double 12" | Vinyl: NM (mint-) | covers: NM (mint-) Both 12"s come with cover. | comes with folded printed textured info-sheet (time-schedule of each song written in folder with soft pencil.
3. Ludus - Danger Came Smiling (New Hormones – Org 20) made in UK original 1982 LP | vinyl: NM (mint-) | cover: NM (mint-)
4. Ludus – Riding The Rag (Expanded Music EX35) made in Italy 1982 compilation LP | vinyl: NM (mint-) | cover: NM (mint-) comes with printed inner cover.
Ludus is the latin word for game, or play. Applied to the artfully provocative music of Linder Sterling and Ian Devine it's an apposite self-description, for Ludus remain one of the most enigmatic groups to emerge from Manchester during the punk era.
Ludus formed in the city in the summer of 1978 around Liverpool-born artist Linder Sterling (born Linda Mulvey), who relocated to Manchester from Wigan in 1973 to study art at the Polytechnic. "There wasn't a lot going on in Manchester at the time," she recalls. "The Poly disco every Wednesday was the highlight. Otherwise, there was nowhere to hear Bowie and Roxy Music stuff, or the Philadelphia sound. But at the end of the Sixties there was a pretty amazing art education to be had in Britain. We came in at the tail end of it. Peter Saville and Malcolm Garrett were there at the same time."
- Artist/ Band (max 3)
- Ludus (New Wave, Art Rock, Punk, Avantgarde)
- Multiple Titles
- Nr of items
- Media Source
- 12" EP-album , LP's, Maxi single 12"inch
- Release Country
- Release year (oldest)
- Release year (youngest)
- Near Mint (NM)
- 1st Pressing
- Record Label
- Record Label Number
- various art. numbers