Image 20x43,5cm on page of 25x51cm
Antique map large and detailed of the island of Java, divided in its regions, kingdoms and provinces. The map shows soundings around the coast, all principal harbors, rivers and elevations, bays and points, settlements and provinces. Included are Madura, Bali, Sunda Strait and the southeastern tip of Sumatra.
The map was made by J.N. Bellin for volume 17 of Prevost d´Exiles ´Histoire General des Voyages…´ and published in Paris in 1761.
Excellent condition. Strong paper with ample margins. Hand coloring. Reverse side blank.
- Country (current geographical location)
- Geographical specification
- Map maker/ publisher
- J.N. Bellin
- Map/ Book title
- Nouvelle Carte de l´Isle de Java
- Copper engraving
- Additional Information
- Large and detailed 18th century copper engraved map of Java
- Size of the largest image
- 20×43.5 cm