Original woodblock print triptych - Toyohara Yoshu Chikanobu (1838–1912) - 'Shikijitsu tsubone no taishutsu' 式日局の退出 (Tsubone's Farewell on a Day of Ceremony) - from the series 'Chioyda no ooku' 千代田之大奥 (Chiyoda Castle [Album of Women]) - Japan - 1895
Good condition, unbacked; light, small stains; a light fold along the middle, gorgeous colours, see photos.
See Metropolitan Museum of Art: https://www.metmuseum.org/art/collection/search/55855.
Will be packaged with care and shipped registered.
- Original woodblock print triptych
- Nishikie (brocade) polychrome woodblock printing
- Region/ Country of origin
- Artist/ Maker
- Toyohara Yoshu Chikanobu (1838-1912)
- Title of artwork
- Tsubone's Farewell on a Day of Ceremony - From the series "Chioyda no ooku" 千代田之大奥 (Chiyoda Castle)
- Good condition, see description
- 37.5×73×0 cm