Large "mala" necklace composed of 61 natural hard stone and agate beads in different shapes, such as round, adorned with 3 large amulets (Cong) carved with a representation of a cicada and a beribboned Chung Dzi agate bead.
The beads have different aspects: translucent, opaque and brilliant shades in pearly white, grey and caramel colours.
The beads can have some natural imperfections and a fine trace of wear on the surface.
- 3 amulet in the form of a cong with carved decoration in the form of a cicada.
Hard stone / Nephrite. (63 x 20 mm) +/- 1mm
- 1 beribboned Chung Dzi bead
Agate (28.5 x 23.5 x 22 mm)
- 58 beads of different: shapes round, annular and vase
Hard stone nephrite (diameter 9 mm to 20 x 12 mm) +/- 1mm
The mala necklace is handcrafted and unique!
Collection mala, never worn.
Circular length: 80 cm
Weight: 231.1 g
The cicada represents immortality or life after death.
The cicada is one of the oldest Chinese symbols. Its successive metamorphoses made it a symbol of resurrection. It is said in an ancient text that Lao Zi turned into an immortal.
Under the Han, cicada-shaped jade amulets were placed on the tongue of the deceased.
Later, we find her iconography, opposite to the praying mantis, her deadly enemy and the symbol of flawless courage, but also an example of greed and stubbornness.
Please see the photos carefully to get a better idea of the lot.
It will be carefully packed and shipped via Colissimo, with insurance and track and trace.
- No. of items
- Large "Mala" Necklace in Hard Stone and Agate - 61 Pearls adorned with 3 Cicada Amulets (Cicada)
- Hard stone - Agate (231.1 g)
- Model/ Name
- Bouddhistes et Hindouistes.
- Estimated Period
- Late 20th century
- Country of Origin
- Excellent condition - barely used with minimal signs of aging & wear
- 0×0×80 mm
- 231 g