This is a set of 9 German prayer cards.
* A Gefreiter from an Inf. Regiment who was killed on 12-03-1942 near Schlusselburg near LENINGRAD in Russia;
* A Gefreiter who was killed in Russia on 13-08-1942;
* A member of an Inf. Regiment who died on 2-7-1942 in Russia after heavy fighting;
* A soldier who was killed in a fatal accident on 14-7-1941 even before the attack on the Soviet Union began;
* An Obergschutze in an Inf. Regiment who was killed on the Eastern Front on 5-01-1942;
* A Obergefreiter in a Gren. Regiment who died on 16-2-1943 after serious injuries in the Ukraine near Woroschilowgrad, now called Luhansk;
* A Soldier who was killed on 5-2-1942 in Russia and was a carrier of the Iron Cross of the 2nd Class and the SturmAbzeichen;
* A Gefreiter who was killed on 1-3-1943 in Russia;
* A Ober Gefreiter of an art. regiment who was killed at Tscherkassy on 17-2-1944 and that was the battle of KORSUN !!!
The Battle of Korsun-Tsjerkasy took place from 24 January to 16 February 1944 on the eastern front of The Second World War. The battle was part of the Soviet Dnjepr offensive. The 1st and 2nd Ukrainian Front, led by Nikolay Vatoetin and Ivan Konev respectively, managed to encircle German troops from Army Group South in an area near the River Dnjepr. In the weeks that followed, the two fronts tried to destroy the encircled German troops. The Germans tried to break out at the same time, which was combined with an outside relief. This led to heavy losses.
All are in good condition!
All photos have been digitally edited for the auction because of swastikas.
Will be sent well packaged and with track & trace.
- 9 German Prayer Prints (inc. Battle of Korsun-Cherkasy)
- Country of Origin
- Original/ Replica
- Good condition
- Comes with certificate of authenticity