Condition: very good. Small tears in the top margin which were fixed on verso. Verso: French text.
Cuba Insula (Cuba), Hispaniola Insula (Hispaniola), Insula Iamaica (Jamaica), Ins. S. Ioannis (Puerto Rico), I.S. Margareta Cum Confiniis (Isla Margarita).
In the top right corner is an insert of Havana (Cuba).
Published in a French edition of Mercator’s Atlas Minor.
- Country (current geographical location)
- the Caribbean
- Geographical specification
- Cuba, Hispaniola, Jamaica, Puerto Rico, Isla Margarita
- Map maker/ publisher
- G Mercator
- Map/ Book title
- ca. 1630
- Copper engraving
- Additional Information
- Hand-colored copper engraving of Cuba and Hispaniola with three inset cards.
- Size of the largest image
- 19×26 cm