Lovely pencil drawings by the French listed artist Ary Bitter (1883 - 1973). It depicts standing horses. This work is signed at the bottom with the atelier stamp and is in a very good condition. This work comes from a French collection.
- Title: Standing horse
- Signature: Bottom
- Medium: Pencil drawing
- Size: 29 x 20cm
- Condition: Excellent
ABOUT THE ARTIST:
Ary Bitter was born in Marseilles on 29 May 1883 and died in Paris on 14 June 1973 (90 years old). She is well known as a sculptor for Mythological subjects, nudes and animals. As part of the preparation of her sculptures she did a lot of pencil and watercolor sketches.
Bitter studied under Jules Coutant. His works were featured at the Salon des Artistes Francais between 1910 and 1939. He received an honourable mention in 1910, a bronze medal in 1913, a silver medal in 1921 and a gold medal in 1924.
RECENT AUCTION RECORS:
- Paris, 2 Oct 2003, "Two Hinds by the Fountain", brown patinated bronze, EUR 8.500
- Paris, 25 Nov 2003, "Elephants", patinated bronze, a pair, EUR 13.000
- London, 21 April 2004, "Elephants", brown patinated bronze and wood, GBP 7.200
- Ary Bitter (French, 1883-1973)
- Title of artwork
- 2 x pencil drawings of standing horses
- Pencil drawing
- Artist's stamp
- In very good condition
- Sold with frame
- 500 g
- Image size
- 20×29 cm