* Turkish Kilim Rug from Mut region
* This type of Mut Kilim usually have bold diamond-shaped medallions with soft colours of cream, soft reds, browns, soft oranges, greens, yellows and terracottas with a pastel background which is often un-dyed grey and brown wool.
* Flatweave wool kilim using zilli technique weft wrapping, measuring approx 183 x 307 cm, 5,61m2
* Turkish Mut Kilims were originally made by the migratory Taurus Yoruks who were of Central Asian Turkic origin. Today the Yoruks lead a semi-nomadic way of life in the southern Taurus mountain region of Anatolia, moving between summer and winter pastures where they set up their encampments (Yayla).
* Mut Kilims are not generally woven for export but are woven for the own use of the weaver.
* We are always looking out for pieces with predominantly soft coloured cream backgrounds as they seem to be popular and look really good with contemporary decor.
* Our Mut Kilim all semi-antique pieces ranging from 60 to 80 years of age.
* Handwoven by the nomads of this area.
* Very rich in motifs and colors.
* 100% wollen. Handwoven.
* In very good condition
- Nr of items
- Semi-Antique Yuruk Mut
- 307 cm
- 183 cm
- Wool on wool
- Country of Origin
- Manufacturing period
- Early 20th century
- In very good condition
- Rug professionally cleaned