Large, highly detailed, nautical chart in Mercator projection that shows the region around the Wadden Islands and the tidal inlets that lead to the Zuiderzee, roughly from the city of Alkmaar in Holland to the mouth of the Eems. Including Vlieland, Terschelling, Texel, Terschelling.
Paper dimensions: 63.7 x 92.8
Large insert map of southern part Zuiderzee with Urk and Amsterdam.
Map from the beautiful and precious Sea Atlas Neptune Francois.
Engraved by Herman van Loon. This is the third state of the map with card number 7 in the upper right corner. The price of the map 'Prix trente Sols’ is mentioned in the lower left.
Beautiful map on thick paper and in very good condition. Colouring is probably original.
- Country (current geographical location)
- Geographical specification
- Map maker/ publisher
- Hendrik van Loon; Joseph Sauveur; Chazelles
- Map/ Book title
- Carte des entrees du Suyder zee (..)
- Copper engraving
- Additional Information
- Beautiful large and detailed chart of the
- Size of the largest image
- 61.2×88 cm