Silk on silk - Turkey - 21st century
Gorgeous hand-knotted Turkish Hereke Silk rug, silk on silk, vegetable dyes, 900,000 - 1,000.000knots/m², never used new, no need cleaning, collector's item. please look at the pictures.
• Knot density is 900,000 - 1,000.000knots/m² knots/m²
• Country of Origin: Turkey
• Size: approx 65 cm X 41 cm (excluding fringes)
• Pile: 100% Silk
• Chain: Silk
• Condition: excellent condition. Never used new
• Quality: Very high quality super fine
• Processing: Guaranteed Handmade
Shipping Carrier : DHL Express
Estimated Delivery Time : 3-4 days.
The most famous pure silk carpets in the world are produced in the small town of Hereke, east of Istanbul. Due to the unbelievably thin nature of the silk fiber being used, weavers tie exceptionally high number of knots, thus creating more detailed, magnificent carpets. It is also not uncommon for metallic threads to be woven into the pile which only can be done by expert weavers. The sheer beauty and unbelievably strong raw material of these rugs, enables them to be used both on the floor or as a wall hanging. Hereke rugs are to last generations and is not only a rug but truly a work of art.
- Signed Silk Hereke
- 65 cm
- 41 cm
- Silk on silk
- Country of Origin
- Manufacturing period
- Mid 20th century
- In very good condition
- Rug professionally cleaned