Original woodblock print, Published by S. Sakai - After Utagawa Hiroshige (1797-1858) - Michizane on an ox - From the series "Sugawara denju tenarai kagami" 菅原伝授手習鑑 - Japan - 1919
Michizane on an ox while a farmer is holding the reins.
From the set: Sugawara Denju Tenerai Kagami.
It is a print of the three printed in one go on oban size paper.
Sancho kake hosoe or tate mitsugiri.
Published by: S. Sakai in 1919.
It is not a reprint but published posthumously.
Paper size: 260 x 120. Image: 245 x 115
Very good condition. Clean lines and bright colours.
Good and sturdy packaging, registered and insured shipping.
- Original woodblock print, Published by S Sakai
- Polychrome woodblock printing
- Region/ Country of origin
- Artist/ Maker
- After Utagawa Hiroshige (1797-1858)
- Theme/ depiction
- Michizane on ox
- Decor/ ware
- Title of artwork
- Michizane on an ox - From the series "Sugawara denju tenarai kagami" 菅原伝授手習鑑
- Very good condition, see description
- 260×120×0 mm