This map is an original 1747 engraving on copper (18th Century).
This is the BELLIN & PREVOST edition, published between circa 1747 and 1788, in their rare work:This is the BELLIN & PREVOST edition, published between circa 1747 and 1788, in their rare work: "HISTOIRE GENERALE DES VOYAGES....... AMSTERDAM, 1747".
Beautiful Map/Geographic View, published in the Netherlands, with excellent inking and extraordinary water-colour; considering the year of publication, it is geographically well detailed at every point.
In very good condition, as per photos.
Map overall dimensions: 34 x 27 cm
- Country (current geographical location)
- South America
- Geographical specification
- French Guiana, Cayenne, South America
- Map maker/ publisher
- La Haye, P. de Hondt / J.N. Bellin / A.F. Prevost
- Map/ Book title
- Carte de l'Isle de Caienne et de ses Environs
- Copper engraving
- Additional Information
- Original colored folio copper plate
- Size of the largest image
- 27×34 cm