Ricky Mae-Stax was born in the nineties in Rio De Janeiro, but lives in Antwerp, Belgium. He mastered in fine arts at LUCA Ghent in 2014 and has participated in numerous shows within Belgium and abroad.
Mae-Stax touches upon the basic elements of painting like color, texture and gesticulation. His works are traces of a physical event; sometimes tender and doubtful, sometimes spontaneously violent.
While referring to disciplines like music and dance in the first place, Mae-Stax is very aware of a rich painterly tradition as well.
Last seen at:
- Condition Report, 2020, Vandenhove Center,Ghent
- ‘A High Hang’, 2019, Eccleston Project Space,London
- ‘Taart in de brievenbus’, 2019,Ghent
- ‘Objects vs. Things’ (curated by Fadwa Naamna), Extra City Kunsthal, 2019,Antwerp
- ‘CC01’, group show, 2019, Tique Art Space,Antwerp
Acrylic on UN-STRETCHED canvas
- Ricky Mae-Stax
- Title of artwork
- Acrylic on unstretched canvas
- Certificate on request, Hand signed
- Image size
- 90×90 cm
- Total dimensions
- 100×100×0 cm
- Sold with frame