Description: French sea map of the south coast of Africa, from St Helena Bay to Waterloo Bay. Including Table Bay, Cape of Good Hope, Cape Town, False Bay, Mossel Bay and Post Elizabeth. Engraved by J. Grébert. Two compass roses. Sales sticker in the bottom right margin (Trabaud & Rabier Neuven - Marseille). Verso blank. Published by Dépôt des Cartes et Plans de la Marine in Paris in 1870.
Dimensions: map 62 x 91 cm - page approx. 72 x 104 cm.
Condition: very good. Powerful print. Centrefold as published. Clean map, no notes. Edges with signs of use and somewhat dirty. Small tears in margins supported with acid-free adhesive tape. A brown stain in the map (near Riversdale) and at the centrefold is a little brown discolouration. See photos.
Sent in a tube via registered mail.
- nautical chart
- Country (current geographical location)
- South Africa
- Geographical specification
- Map maker/ publisher
- Dépôt des Cartes et Plans de la Marine
- Map/ Book title
- Carte de la côte méridionale d'Afrique, de la baie de Saint Hélène à la baie Waterloo. No. 2945.
- Additional Information
- Beautiful 19th century French nautical chart of the south coast of Africa
- Size of the largest image
- 62×91 cm