This map is an original 1747 copper engraving.
This is a beautiful and highly decorative nautical map by JOHAN BAPTISTA HOMANN, engraving by GIO. ANTONIO RIZZI ZANNONI, engraved in Nuremberg in 1747 and published in his amazing work: "Atlas Novus: Grosser Atlas uber die gantze Welt..... Nurnberg, Homannische Erben, 1747."
Beautiful map edited in Nuremberg, featuring a large and highly decorative cartouche, wide margins, original and well-marked watercolour and also very well detailed at every point.
Condition: it is in good condition, as per photos, with minimal marginal browning and a small restored cut at the bottom/centre area, along the folding.
Map overall dimensions: 60.0 x 53.0 cm
- Country (current geographical location)
- Geographical specification
- Sicilia, Sardegna, Malta, Corsica
- Map maker/ publisher
- J.B. Homann / G.A. Rizzi Zannoni
- Map/ Book title
- Li Regni di Sicilia e Sardegna, colle Adiacenti Isole di Corsica, Elba, Malta e Liparee e di Vulcano
- Copper engraving
- Additional Information
- Original Big Folio Copper Engraving
- Size of the largest image
- 53×60 cm