Original woodblock print - Utagawa Kunisada (1786-1865) - Actor Ichikawa Ichizô III 三代目市川市蔵 as Kudô Saemon Suketsune 工藤左衛門祐経 - Japan - 1860 (Ansei 7), 9th month
Part of a triptych. See Museum of Fine Arts, Boston: https://collections.mfa.org/objects/486805
Print by Utagawa Kunisada (歌川 国貞; 1786–1865), also known as Utagawa Toyokuni III, 三代歌川豊国.
This is the central part of a triptych and presents the actor Ichikawa Ichizô III as Saemon Suketsune in a scene from a kabuki play.
The print is signed: Toyokuni ga, in a toshidama cartouche.
The publisher is Yamashiroya Shôjirô and the print was published in 1860 (Ansei 7/Man'en 1), 9th month.
Woodblock artist: Yokokawa Takejirô (Hori Take)
Condition: pretty good, restoration of some wormholes, normal signs of age, fading, some stains. Good register.
The print will be carefully packaged and shipped registered with Bpost tracking.
- Original woodblock print
- Nishikie (brocade) polychrome woodblock printing
- 1860 (Ansei 7), 9th month
- Region/ Country of origin
- Artist/ Maker
- Utagawa Kunisada (1786-1865)
- Theme/ depiction
- Yakusha-e 役 者 絵 actor print
- Title of artwork
- Actor Ichikawa Ichizô III als Kudô Saemon Suketsune
- Fair condition (restored), see description
- 370×256×0 mm