Antique precision target-shooting or student’s rifle, probably made in Switzerland by MEYERS or IKASTLI??
- And marketed in the 19th century by GOSSELIN in AMIENS (See picture).
- With Flobert rimfire system - 6-mm calibre ‘Bosquette’ (See picture).
- This gun has no breechblock. At the back of the barrel, between the hammer and the chamber, is an ear plate, articulated on a cross-axis and pierced by a hole just in front of the barrel. This plate holds the cartridge in place, and allows the spent cartridge to be extracted after firing. It is thus the hammer itself that serves as a shutter at the moment of firing. There is no breechblock.
- Barrel with large diameter & very heavy... Adjustable sight on 19 cm rail and sidebars adjustable from right to left (See picture).
Outer diameter of barrel: 22 mm... Inner diameter at mouth of barrel: 11 mm by +/- 40 cm
- Very nice trigger guard with double thumb rest
Lovely walnut butt with cheek rest with a plated layer reminiscent of Swiss rifles!!
- Numbered on the butt
- Total length: 110 cm... barrel: 65 cm
- Quality firearm for collectors and fans of antique-weapon target shooting
- Light signs of wear.
Perfect weapon in working order... strong springs
NOT RETURNS, NOT WARRANTY. I will answer ALL your questions BEFORE purchase...
Relatively heavy rifle (+/- 3.3 kg)
The pictures are part of the description.
Shipping within FRANCE will be via COLISSIMO with TRACKING, not insured for value - 34 euros - or CHRONOPOST (insured for value) - 58 euros
- Country of manufacture
- Manufacturer/ Maker
- MEYERS ou IKASTLI ?
- Weapon Type
- Firing mechanism
- Très belle Carabine de précision ou scolaire
- 6 mm FLOBERT
- Overall Length
- 110 cm
- Barrel/ blade length
- 65 cm