Original woodblock print - Utagawa Kunisada (1786-1865) - "Kyôto Shimabara Kakutoku zashiki tayû sakazuki no zu" 京都島原 角徳座敷 太夫酒盃の図 (Courtesan with Sake in the Parlor of the Kakutoku House in the Shimabara District of Kyoto) - Japan - 1821 (Bunsei 4)
Part of a triptych. See Museum of Fine Arts, Boston: https://collections.mfa.org/objects/494616
Parading courtesan, print made by Gototei Kunisada,
with heavily decorated kimono with a dragon in the clouds on top.
Publisher: Nishimura-ya Yohachi.
Acceptable condition. The face is a bit smudged. Please view the photo.
Beautiful colours and clean lines. The print is slightly discoloured.
Good and sturdy packaging, registered and insured shipping.
- Original woodblock print
- Nishikie (brocade) polychrome woodblock printing
- Mulberry paper
- 1821 (Bunsei 4)
- Region/ Country of origin
- Artist/ Maker
- Utagawa Kunisada (1786-1865)
- Theme/ depiction
- Decor/ ware
- Title of artwork
- Courtesan with Sake in the Parlor of the Kakutoku House in the Shimabara District of Kyoto
- Fair condition, see description
- 375×250×0 mm