Original woodblock print - Chokosai Eisho (act 1790-1800) - The Courtesan Somenosuke of the Matsubaya and Attendants Wakagi and Wakaba - From the series "Tosei bijin awase" 当世美人合 (A Contest of Beauties of the Day) - Japan - ca 1796-1800
difficult to have one like this one.
Size : 23,5 x 17,3 cm
Piece of collector, rare similar one in Christies 600-900 euro.
Reasonable condition: faded colors, creases, fine and well preserved printing of the key-blocks, unbacked
See Art Institute of Chicago: https://www.artic.edu/artworks/24330
Possible combined shipping and track number provided.
- Original woodblock print
- Nishikie (brocade) polychrome woodblock printing
- ca 1796-1800
- Region/ Country of origin
- Artist/ Maker
- Chokosai Eisho (act 1790-1800)
- Title of artwork
- The Courtesan Somenosuke of the Matsubaya - From the series "Tosei bijin awase" 当世美人合
- Fair condition, see description
- 23.5×17.5×0 cm