Original shunga woodblock print double-page illustration - Utagawa Kunisada (1786–1865) - From the album 'Shiki no nagame' 色の詠 (In Praise of Love), vol 3 - Japan - 1829 (Bunsei 12)
Shiki no nagame, In praise of love in the four seasons.
Spring, summer, fall and winter expectations of the 4 seasons.
A tattooed bully having sex with a woman, while looking at a passing group of geese.
2 actor's prints on the wall.
Shunga print design by Utagawa Kunisada 1786–1865.
Paper format: 245 x 335 Image format: 225 x 325
In bad condition. Various restorations and with a worn bottom edge and backing.
For documentation, see: Japanese Erotic Art by Ofen Shagan.
See Pulverer Collection, Freer|Sackler Galleries, Smithsonian Institution: https://pulverer.si.edu/node/581/title/3
Will be shipped registered and insured, in sturdy and good packaging.
- Original shunga woodblock print double-page illustration
- Nishikie (brocade) polychrome woodblock printing
- 1829 (Bunsei 12)
- Region/ Country of origin
- Artist/ Maker
- Utagawa Kunisada (1786-1865)
- Theme/ depiction
- Decor/ ware
- Title of artwork
- From the album "Shiki no nagame" 色の詠 (In Praise of Love), vol 3
- Reasonable condition, see description
- 245×335×0 mm