Original woodblock print - Kawase Hasui 川瀬 巴水 (1883-1957) - "Ame no omiya" 雨の大宮 (Rain at Omiya) - Japan - Heisei period (1989-2019)
The measurements of the image are 38 x 27 cm.
First edition 1930. This is a later edition, printed using the original woodblocks.
Kawase Hasui (川瀬 巴水1883 – 1957) was a Japanese artist. One of the most prominent print designers of the shin-hanga movement, Kawase Hasui is possibly the most renowned Japanese landscape artist of the 20th century.
The woodblock print is in excellent condition and has never been framed before.
Will be shipped with great care in sturdy packaging to prevent folding.
- Original woodblock print
- Polychrome woodblock printing
- Heisei period (1989-2019)
- Region/ Country of origin
- Artist/ Maker
- Kawase Hasui 川瀬 巴水 (1883-1957)
- Title of artwork
- "Ame no omiya" 雨の大宮 (Rain at Omiya)
- Very good condition, see description
- 38×27×0 cm