Three prints after Abraham Bloemaert:
1. A lime kiln,with a river. People walking & resting on the quayside. A fisherman mooring his boat.
Engraved by Frederick Bloemaert, after Abraham Bloemaert
Date: after 1647
From a group of 11 landscape prints
Plate-size: Width 22.0cm Height 16.5cm
Paper-size: Width 23.4cm Height 17.5cm
On laid-paper with watermark
Ref: Rijksmuseum Object number: RP-P-1905-3905
2. Plate 5 of a series depicting animals.
Pastoral scene, with milkmaids, 3 cows and a greyhound.
Anonymous copy-in-reverse of a print engraved by Boetius Adamsz Bolswert, after Abraham Bloemaert
Paper-size: Width 14.3cm Height 11.2cm
Ref: British Museum number: D,7.145
Rijksmuseum Object number: RP-P-BI-2403
On verso: ink-drawing of a face
Condition:2 holes and brown stain top-left corner
3. A spinner with 2 peasants. Engraving by Jean Couvay, after Abraham Bloemaert. Published by Pierre Mariette.
Inscriptions: "Tandis quelte..... chalumeam" "2" "P. Mariette exc." "AB in J. Couuay fe."
Paper-size: Width 15.0cm Height 10.5cm
Couvay's reverse-copy of print by Cornelis Bloemaert II (after Abraham Bloemaert) (British Museum numbers D,7.205 & 1932,0213.296.Rijksmuseum Object number RP-P-BI-1377)
Condition:Marks from sellotape
Condition of all prints:Stains,creases,age-related paper colouring (see photos).
Frederik Bloemaert (c.1616-1690) Dutch engraver, son of Abraham. Worked in Utrecht, mostly after his father Abraham's designs
Abraham Bloemaert (1566–1651) Dutch painter, draughtsman &etcher/engraver. Trained his sons, Hendrick, Frederick, Cornelis, and Adriaan Bloemaert.
Jean Couvay (c.1605, Lyon-c.1663,Paris) French engraver in Lyon
- Frederick Bloemaert (c.1616-1690) & Jean Couvay (c.1605-c.1663) after Abraham Bloemaert (1566–1651)
- Title of artwork
- 3 Prints of pastoral scenes after Abraham Bloemaert
- ca. 1650
- Not signed
- See description
- Sold with frame