- Cilicia, Hieropolis-Castabala. AE20 (countermarked, bird to right), 2nd-1st centuries BC.
Obv: Turreted head of Tyche right; monogram to left.
Rev: [IEPOΠOΛITΩN] / [TΩΝ Π]ΡΟC TΩI / [Π]ΥΡΑΜΩI. Goddess seated left on throne, holding sceptre; under throne, eagle standing left.
6.50 gram, 20 mm.
- Cilicia, Elaiussa Sebaste. AE20 (countermarked on the head of Zeus), 1st Century BC
Obv. Diademed head of Zeus right,
Rev. Nike walking left, holding wreath in right hand.
6.26 gram, 20 mm.
- Cilicia, Soloi. AE25 (countermarked on the head of Helios), circa 100-30 BC.
Obv. Radiate head of Helios to right; behind, countermarked.
Rev. ΣOΛEΩN, Athena seated left, holding Nike in her right hand and leaning left on shield.
8.65 gram, 25 mm.
All the coins are ex- van der Dussen.
Ex private collection of GJA.
- Greece (ancient)
- Lot comprising 3 AE coins with countermarks incl.:
- Year/Period and Variation
- Cilicia, Hieropolis-Castabala. AE20 (c/m Bird), 2nd-1st centuries BC
- Precious metals
- No. of items
- Various conditions