3 beautiful editions of Stichting de Roos, bibliophile society in Utrecht. Edition of 175 numbered copies for members and some copies for employees and the archive.
All 3 titles are in very good condition - See pictures.
1. Homerus - Homerische hymnen, vertaald door Toon van Wolferen, Utrecht, Stichting de Roos, 2000. 37,(3) pp. 24 × 16.5 cm. Hardcover. With a large folding original lithograph by Erno Verkerk on handmade acid-free Japanese paper. Bilingual text, Greek with Dutch translation, set in ‘Albertina’, a letter designed by Chris Brand in 1965.
This publication was made on the occasion of the farewell of Hans Eenens as chairman of Stichting de Roos.
2. Goethe, J.W. v. - Buch Suleika. Utrecht, Stichting de Roos, 2007. 48 pp. 20 × 28 cm. Hardcover. Richly illustrated with (printed) drawings by Tom Eyzenbach, this edition was signed by him in pen on the back of each copy. The preface is in Dutch, the text by Goethe in German.
3. Goethe, J.W. v. - Het dagboek. Utrecht, Stichting de Roos, 1998. 14 × 20 cm. Cloth binding with stamping in gold and black. Richly illustrated with (printed) drawings by Dik Klut. The Dutch text, translated by Peter Verstegen, was printed with a newly designed type for this edition, ‘Rosebud’, by Peter Verheul.
- With loosely enclosed brochure of Rosebud type.
- Number of Books
- Bibliophilia, De Roos, Goethe, Homer, Limited, Typography, Graphic design, Literature, Original artwork
- Author/ Illustrator
- Stichting de Roos
- Book Title
- Lot met 3 mooie geïllustreerde uitgaven van Homerus en Goethe
- Very good
- Publication year oldest item
- Publication year youngest item
- Multiple Books / Editions
- Dutch, German, Greek
- Original language
- De Roos
- Limited edition