For many artists or Bands, Pop and Rock music meant an unprecedented path to artistic and especially commercial success. On this main road, however, there are many side roads of artists or bands, which either contain insufficient artistic content or had sufficient artistic qualities, but were unable to translate this into commercial success. Offered here is a small part of a collection of records, of bands, who made excellent music, often received a lot of recognition for it, but did not make it a commercial success and remained on the sidelines of the success and often died prematurely after one or two albums. What is striking is that these people sometimes provide more successful bands or artists with excellent material.
1. Speedy Keen - previous convictions, MCA-331, USA-1973. (Author of the hit song "something in the air" by Thunderclap Newman)
2. Danny Kortchmar - Innuendo, GE-250, USA-1980 (He is an American guitarist, session musician, producer and songwriter. Kortchmar's work with singer-songwriters such as Linda Ronstadt, James Taylor, David Crosby, Carole King, David Cassidy , Graham Nash, Neil Young, and Carly Simon helped define the signature sound of the singer-songwriter era of the 1970s. Jackson Browne and Don Henley have recorded many songs written or co-written by Kortchmar, and Kortchmar was Henley's songwriting and producing partner in the 1980s).
3. Duke Jupiter - Band in Blue, Mercury SRM1-3815. USA-1980.
4. Eye to Eye - Eye to Eye, BSK 3570, USA-1982. (are a duo formed by American singer Deborah Berg and British pianist Julian Marshall, previously of Marshall Hain).
5. Jules and the Polar Bears - Got no breeding, JC-25601, USA-1978. (Jules and the Polar Bears' debut album, Got No Breeding, fell into a commercial twilight zone shortly after its release in 1978; the music was too quirky and the wit of the lyrics was too curious for the mainstream rock audience)
6. Jay Ferguson - Terms and conditions, 1A062-86211, Holland-1980. (known for his work with Spirit and Jo Jo Gunne)
7. Tim Curry - Read my lips, AMLH-64717, Holland 1978. (an English actor and singer, famous from the rocky horror picture show)
8. David James Holster - Chinese honeymoon, JC 35615, USA-1979 Demonstration album.
9. Tarney / Spencer Band - Threes a crowd, AMLH 68466, Holland 1978. (Both had been in Australian bands)
10. Couchois - Nasty hardware, BSK 3420, USA-1980. (consisting of three Couchois brothers)
11. Turbo - Turbo, CBS 83625, Holland-1979. Media in Blue Vinyl (a Dutch hard rock band from Arnhem, which originated in 1979 from the science fiction rock band Metal Voices)
- More than 3 artists/bands
- Artist/ Band (max 3)
- Speedy Keen, Turbo, Jules and the Polar Bears...
- Multiple Titles
- Record Title
- on 11 LP Albums
- Nr of items
- Media Source
- Release Country
- diverse; Netherlands, Europe, USA
- Release year (oldest)
- Release year (youngest)
- Very Good Plus (VG+)
- Coloured vinyl, divers; 1st, etc.
- Original inner sleeve
- Record Label
- divers: MCA, Asylum, Mercury, Columbia, EMI, A&M, WB, CBS.