Grinnall Scorpion III
After taking care of this Grinnall for 14 years, I’ve decided to sell it.
The Grinnall Scorpion III by Grinnall Specialist Cars is an inverted tricycle: It has two wheels at the front and one at the back, this gives a better roadholding than those with a single front wheel.
- 2 complete sets of keys
- 2 working hand transmitters for the Spy ball alarm class M2
- Valuation report included from 2019: appraisal value 20,000 euros.
- The engine block comes from a BMW K1100 from 1996
- Very fast from 0 to 100 km
- It has good tyres
- Engine and powertrain are good
- This vehicle was built in England in 2000 and brought to the Netherlands in 2006
For the Netherlands:
- It weighs 390 kg, therefore exempt from periodic inspections
- Road tax at motorcycle rate
- The B driving licence is sufficient for this vehicle.
- No compulsory helmet, this can sometimes be useful :)
Some more details on the vehicle:
Grinnall Scorpion III, by Grinnall Specialist Cars, is an inverted tricycle, with two wheels at the front and one at the back, this gives a better roadholding than those with a single front wheel. Designed in 1991 by Steve Harper, the Scorpion III features a GRP body tub which is bonded to a space frame chassis underneath, it has a BMW K-Series motorcycle engine. The engine, gearbox and final drive from the motorcycle are utilised with a special rear wheel which is fitted with a car tyre, as are the front wheels. It has a very good power-to-weight ratio which provides an excellent performance. The rear wheel has a smaller circumference than a bike's wheel, the gear is optimized for a lower top speed of about 125 mph (201 km/h) with 0-60 km/h taking about 5 seconds. The motorcycle sequential gearchange is retained and operated via a gear shift inside the cockpit and requires a forward or backward movement to change gear. The brake, the accelerator and the clutch work the same as in a car and are adjustable for a range of drivers of different sizes. The seat and steering wheel are fixed in position, the pedals can be adjusted.
The Grinnall can be viewed and picked up in Vlaardingen, the Netherlands.
- BMW - Grinnall
- Model Type
- scorpion 3
- Located in
- Body style
- Cabriolet / convertible
- Mileage reading
- 19500 mi
- Registration papers
- with Dutch registration
- 2 - Very good condition: minimal signs of wear
- Horse Power
- Cubic capacity